Bengaluru Lifesciences Research (BLR) District : Purpose-built. Future ready.
Posted on June 27, 2022
The Garden City takes pride in being a mature Lifesciences ecosystem that is home to a wide range of companies experiencing rapid growth.
- Start-ups that have successfully traversed the proof-of-concept stage and need to graduate from incubators to scale-up spaces.
- Thriving CROs and CDMOs that are experiencing post-pandemic tailwinds.
- Innovative biopharma (domestic and otherwise) that is keen on expanding within the region, thanks to the rich talent-pool
The most exciting time in the journey of a biotech, young or established, is the growth phase! At this stage capabilities and capacities need to expand in tandem. While the former is relatively quicker and largely talent-driven, the latter can be tedious and often, a rate-limiting step on the timeline.
Identifying the right location to expand R&D and manufacturing footprint is just the beginning. What follows is an arduous path of transactions, planning and designing, securing necessary permissions and approvals. Then starts the actual construction which requires close coordination with contractors and consultants. None of which is the core competency of a biotech!
Leasing speculatively developed Lifesciences spaces is an attractive productive to cut the hassle of real estate and speed up expansion.
BLR District: Same but different.
BLR District, with a master plan spanning over 50 acres (and a provision to add another 50 acres!) has been meticulously designed as a world-class research and biomanufacturing campus. The multi-tenanted project with a total planned development of 2.5 million square feet is divided into five districts that will serve as hubs for start-ups, scale-ups, CROs and CDMOs. Every step of execution is undertaken keeping the prospective occupier in mind:
- Alignment with occupier’s ESG goals by incorporating elements of sustainability.
- Strict adherence to the regulatory requirements such as permits and clearances specifically tailored for Lifesciences.
- Avenues for future expansion of research as well as biomanufacturing capacities.
- Provision for built-to-suit facilities within the campus.
- Recreational and collaborative spaces with ample green cover.
At the same time, what sets it apart is the vision to create a new destination for innovation where diverse companies of different sizes and scales can grow. This expansive cluster will attract talent, create employment opportunities and extend the axis of innovation to the southern part of the city in Attibele.
- Accelerator with common analytical facilities.
- Experience centres for high-end equipment.
- On-campus skilling and training modules.
- Networking events bringing the scientific community together.
BLR District is a part of the portfolio of Rx Propellant, a leading Lifesciences infrastructure platform in India with a total development of 6.5 million square feet across Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Mumbai. The project is being developed in partnership with Roach Lifescapes (formerly RBD) and the first phase of ~200,000 square feet is lab-ready.
Curious to know more? Feel free to reach out to me or visit www.blrdistrict.in.
About Rx Propellant
Rx Propellant is India’s leading life sciences infrastructure platform that helps companies scale while enabling them to stay asset light. With a rare fusion of real estate development expertise and an in-depth understanding of the life sciences sector, we hold a distinctive position within the industry. While our focus lies in infrastructure development, we go beyond mere square footage. We develop vibrant ecosystems that inspire innovation and collaboration.
For more information, please visit : https://rxpropellant.com/